|This is our list of 7 great days out when visiting
1. Visit 'la Citi' of Carcassonne. More Info
2. Go to the beach. The Mediterranean beaches of Narbonne are less than 1 hour away via the A61. Regional Map
3. Picnic at the lake. Our personal favourite would be Lac Montbel although families with younger children should consider Lac Clavayere [also known as Carcassonne Plage] where you can play crazy golf and volleyball. Lakes
4. Conquer an ancient castle. The region has many breathtaking castles to discover, but our recommendation is that if you only visit one make it 'The Chateau de Peyrepertuse'. Castles
5. Take a boat trip on the canal du midi. Boats can be hired by the hour from Bram and the basin at Castelnaudry. More Info
6. Visit the Pyrenees in particular the Spa and Ski Resort at Ax les Thermes.
7. Do what you love to do! golf, mountain biking, fishing, wine tasting, caving, walking, painting, etc......... Information available on request.